Important Network Update: As of 1 March 2022
Major delays affecting multiple locations across the country
South-East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Due to heavy rainfall and flash flooding in select regions of South-East Queensland and Northern New South Wales, you are highly likely to experience significant delivery delays in these areas.
At this time, we are aware of the following affected areas:
- Queensland and Northern New South Wales are experiencing severe disruptions.
- Greater Brisbane is impacted by flooding throughout, with additional impacts through the Ipswich area and other parts of South East Queensland.
- Several Australia Post Offices are closed across the states due to flooding and road closures.
Our transport and delivery teams are continually assessing the impacts of floods. We will make every effort to deliver and collect where safe.
We will provide more information as we receive updates from our carriers, and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news about the floods, follow this link.
Western Australia and South Australia - Road and Rail Service DisruptionsDue to major flooding, there are currently major delays for freight travelling through the state.
- Rail services from other states travelling into Western Australia are estimated to remain closed for approximately three weeks.
- Major roads within the state have significantly been impacted.
Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Northern Territory and Victoria.
- COVID is impacting staffing across network processing facilities. However, Australia Post has site-by-site plans to minimise any service disruptions.